Posted: September 18th, 2010 | Author: dio | Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: date younger women, dating advice for men, dating tips for guys, dating younger women, how to ask out a girl, how to get a girlfriend | No Comments »
What type of relationship do you want? Do you want a harem? A few reliable FB’s? Looking for one special person?
Some men want to rack up numbers. The want the excitement of the chase, the thrill of the conquest, the satisfaction each notch brings.
Other men don’t want the hassle of meet a constant stream of new women- but they still relish variety. They enjoy the company of a few ladies. No agendas, no strings; just fun.
Then there are those who just want to connect with one quality woman. A special lady they can commit to and settle down with. A person to share their life with.
If you’re looking for a stable of women, you’ve got to be willing to put in massive amounts of time and effort. You’ve got to go out and hustle all the time. You’re only going to “close” a small percentage of women you meet, so you have to meet lots and lots of women.
But if want a “soul-mate”.. that one person who will be your perfect compliment, then you have to be willing to put in massive amounts of time and effort. You’ve got to hustle. Remember the structure of the sales funnel – many leads, less qualified prospects, a few buyers. The “sniper” approach (where you set your sights on just one target) is ludicrous; because like the song says, “you can’t always get what you want”. If you invest all your resources in sparking something with one lady, you’ll be back to zero if the relationship doesn’t catch and you have an empty pipe-line.
*Fortunately, there ARE ways to streamline the process and maximize your rewards.
What type of girl are you attracted to? They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, flavors and personality profiles. At life’s buffet, sampling is a wonderful thing. You steer clear of the things you don’t like and go back for more of what you do.
I personally don’t believe in the concept of the “perfect soul-mate”. I think everyone has a checklist of things that are important to them, and there are scores of candidates that possess those qualities in varying degrees. There were times as a young man when I was nursing a heart-ache after a break-up with the “perfect girl”. Then I’d meet some other girl, who also had attributes I liked in a different ratio, and I’d start going out with her.
Point being: there are lots of girls who’ll fit your criteria – you have to know what kind of girls you’re looking for so you don’t waste energy chasing the wrong ones.
I’d caution you not to be too specific in your checklist, though, because you’ll be missing out on a lot of great opportunities to meet and date wonderful, quirky, cute girls who would appreciate your company.
For me, the checklist went like this:
REQUIRED – No Negotiation
- Must be born female (no hermaphrodites, no Franken-ginas,)
- Not currently married (been there, and its not worth the risk of getting shot)
- No contagious diseases or active addictions (speaks for itself)
- Height in proportion to weight (a nice way of saying no anorexics, no fatties)
- Sense of humor (and more specifically, who understands mine)
- Younger than me (I love puppies. *shrug*)
- Easy going
So think about what kind of girls you’re attracted to, what type of relationship you’d like to be in , and what price you’re willing to pay in order to make it happen. Knowing what you want is the first step towards meeting the girl of your dreams
Posted: September 5th, 2010 | Author: dio | Filed under: Random, Uncategorized | Tags: approach anxiety, dating advice for men, how to approach women, how to ask out a girl, how to meet women, pickup lines, where to meet women, younger dating | No Comments »
I want to draw a distinction between an “opener” and a “pick up line”. An opener is any kind of question or statement used to introduce yourself, spark curiosity / interest, and bridge into a conversation. Pick-up lines are a sub-category of openers; they’re scripted, greasy, stale attempts to get a reaction.
The idea that you can win a woman over with the right pick-up line is a widely held misconception. The classic pick-up line opener has been out of style for decades and attempting one will mark you as hopelessly out of touch. Lines fail miserably. Here’s why
- They sound canned. Because they are. She thinks: “…, and now that line has failed 1,347 consecutive times”
- She’s heard them all before. Pretty girls get hit on a lot- they’ve heard every line there is. After a while, the same routine goes from boring to aggravating. She’ll take great joy in shooting you down and then laugh at you with all of her friends.
- Lines are demeaning. Hit her with your best line and she’s going to think, “Really? I look like someone that’s going to fall for that? You think so little of me that you assume I might appreciate that old cheese?”
- They don’t offer a segue to further conversation. “Yes, my daddy was a thief. Yes, his biggest heist was stealing the stars from the heavens and putting their twinkle in my eyes. You think I have nice eyes. Thanks. You must be going now.”
- Chances are, if you’re relying on a line, you have doubts. Those insecurities are magnified and projected. Not cool.
What kind of openers DO work?
I’m not offering any surefire brand-new relationship ignition technology (although I do like the ring of that, and should trademark it before some PUA pirate steals it). Men and women have been fucking for milena, so there’s nothing new under the sun. But the following opening strategies have a considerably higher success rate than ‘lines’.
- Say something about the situation or environment. Note anything interesting, unusual or funny. (Dull: “I hate standing in lines. What about you?” Engaging: “Third time today I’ve picked the wrong line – but I have a feeling my luck’s about to turn around”)
- Pay her a SMALL but sincere compliment on something specific. (Bad: “Hey, great cans… are they natural?” Good: “The design on your jacket is wild- is it hand painted?”)
- Make a statement. Most women are fed-up with the ‘interrogation mode’ most guys get stuck in, and they don’t want to answer the same string of boring questions. A statement opens the door for her to agree or disagree. (Weak: “I see you have the new WhizBang phone” Better: ”The waitress is missing in action. We should send out a rescue team.”)
- Ask her opinion. This is also an excellent way to approach a group of women. Remember, when relating to a group, address everyone and keep your head on a swivel. In no time, you’ll ascertain who’s interested, and who’s a snarky cock-blocker so you can focus your attention on high-probability targets. (Horrific: “Ladies, let me get your opinion… can a man with a small penis please a woman?” Smooth: “Can I trouble you ladies for your opinion? It’ll take a second… my friend over there hasn’t heard from his girlfriend for three days. They’ve only been dating for a month or so. He’s already tried to call her a bunch of times… he’s worried. I say stop worrying and stop trying to contact her- this is her way of blowing you off. What do you think?”
These are just a few ideas. Remember, the opener is just one piece of the puzzle, and even the best opener won’t make up for a bad game. Men, to be successful, you’ve also got to consider: * Your mindset * The right timing * Angle of approach * The attitude you project * Your attire and accouterments * Personal space / proximity * Vocal tone and volume * Body language & eye contact * Grooming * How you smell * Ability to read and respond to social cues * Conversational fluency * How to ‘close’ * When to exit *